Tuesday 21 April 2020

Are you a victor or a victim?





William Arthur Ward wrote, "God wants us to be victors, not victims ~ to overcome, not to be overwhelmed."

1 John 3: 1 AMP
Children of God Love One Another
"See what an incredible quality of love the Father has shown to us, that we would [be permitted to] be named and called and counted the children of God! And so we are! For this reason the world does not know us, because it did not know Him."

Well, I am not as busy as I used to be in the past. I have some time at hand and had been watching the movie on Gideon, the man God called to save Israel a long time ago. Now he wasn't a leader at the time an Angel of the Lord appeared to him. Gideon seemed to be very fearful, timid, doubtful, and not capable. The reason he acted this way was because of the constant attacks from the Midianites in those days. The enemies’ onslaught was relentless, and it seemed never-ending. One day the Angel of the Lord appeared to Gideon while he was threshing wheat in a shaded winepress as he didn't want to be seen by the Midianites. [Judges 6]

The Angel said to him, "The LORD is with you, O valiant warrior." With a lot of tests and trials, this coward man changed and became the Valiant person, God called him to be, and he was indeed a warrior. We never see who we are because of our circumstances. Praise God for not seeing us through our eyes. No one even though Gideon had it in him to save Israel, and only God knew it was in him.

Prayer

Lord Jesus, looking at myself, I doubt that there is a brave and great warrior in me. Today I want to pray that Your Holy Spirit will tug me out of the shadows and clear away the stains of sin in my life and soul. Lord Jesus, I have been redeemed by Your blood, please redefine me in the light of Your promise and power and mercy. Amen

Yvette van Niekerk

Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...