Friday 24 April 2020

Midlife Crisis during Lock-down 2020


by Yvette van Niekerk


My word, I almost fainted when I read that middle age runs from thirty-five to fifty-eight years old. That puts two of my children and my husband and me in that category. Wow!

I was just wondering how it is going with people in general at this stage. I do know some people are facing job losses and getting worried about aging. With this isolation, it must genuinely be challenging to be home with everyone.

Looking back over my decisions, in general, I feel okay, I sometimes think I am remorseful over some stuff, but I cannot change anything now. Proverbs 10: 7 "The memory of the righteous [person] is a [source of] blessing, but the name of the wicked will [be forgotten and] rot [like a corpse]." I actually am working at being a good person and trying to help where I can.
My dad passed away many years ago, but I do remember him saying that he would rather speak to us kids each weekend. He wanted to keep in touch so he could console us if need be. My mom is still alive and well, and I am happy that she is grateful for the little she has. God certainly has been a provider to her this past couple of years. Proverbs 10: 3 "The Lord will not allow the righteous to hunger [God will meet all his needs], but he will reject and cast away the craving of the wicked."

Prayer
Heavenly Father, Lord, thank You, for keeping all of us safe during this Lock-down. It’s been challenging these couple of weeks but we know You are still in control. This is a time of regeneration and renewing of relationships. Lord, bless the people who read my blog, Holy Spirit, prick the hearts of the people who need to come to terms with You. In Jesus Christ's name. Amen

Yvette van Niekerk

Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...