Tuesday 14 April 2020

Wisdom




We all need wisdom in our lives, and today let's take a look at Proverbs 9 verses 1 to 12. 
Seven pearls of wisdom. The number seven in scripture represents completion or perfection typically. Come, let us find ways to grow in understanding.

Proverbs 9:1 (AMP)
Wisdom's Invitation
Wisdom has built her [spacious and sufficient] house;
 She has hewn out and set up her seven pillars.

I do not do well when criticized, it pains me when someone wants to correct me. But, I keep quiet and hope the critic is truthful and not mocking me. I have found some people love to "insult" or "abuse" when critiquing me.

It's challenging, but I manage to keep quiet, to avoid further wrath. In earlier days I would lash out before I accept someone critiquing me. My natural instinct is to take offense and I can get quite angry. These days I try and see it from my critic's perspective. I don't always like hearing what they say, but I try and listen with an open heart. Learning is part of my spiritual growth, and it does help to hear other people's opinions. I still believe "the fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding." 

Prayer

Humbly, I pray Lord if I am critical about a person, give me the wisdom to be constructive towards them, and gracious when I receive criticism. Help me stay focused on Your Word so that I can learn from each experience, in the name of Jesus Amen.

                                       

Yvette van Niekerk

Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...