Friday 17 April 2020

Today, let's encourage one another.



During this lockdown, we all are living with challenges and struggles. I find it hard to keep a positive attitude with everything that is going on around me. I want to speak life and godly wisdom into people's lives, circumstances, and trails. Hebrews 3: 13 says we need to encourage people in our lives. Be an encourager for today and Proverbs 27 verses, 17 say: "You use steel to sharpen steel, and one friend sharpens another." We need to communicate with each other and pray with each other. I want to ask God to help me be an encourager to people, and I also need God to help me not to fall today and lose my reflexes. I am in this for the long run with Christ. Let's focus our energy on Hebrews 10 verses, 22 - 25 MSG "So let's do it - full of belief, confident that we're presentable inside and out. Let's keep a firm grip on the promises that keep us going. He always keeps his word. Let's see how inventive we can be in encouraging love and helping out, not avoiding worshiping together as some do but spurring each other on, especially as we see the big Day approaching."

Here's a thought, I think Dale Carnegie said it ideally "You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you."

Prayer

Lord today, we have the opportunity of picking up the phone and calling a friend or a loved one and finding out how they are—encouraging them, praying for them, and just listening to them. I want to pray for wisdom, insight, and understanding when speaking to my loved ones—an ear to hear and a heart full of compassion. Lord, help me to be there for them. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen

Yvette van Niekerk

Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...