Thursday 16 April 2020

Day 22 – Lockdown ~ Children need these things:



Genesis 48: 9 AMP
"Joseph said to his father, "They are my sons, whom God has given me here [in Egypt]." So he said, "Please bring them to me so that I may bless them."

Teach your children.
We rely on the government and schools and Sunday schools to teach our children. As parents, we need to instill character and conviction. "Only be careful, and watch yourself closely so that you do not forget the things your eyes have seen or let them slip from your heart as long as you live. Teach them to your children and their children after them." Deuteronomy 4: 9 I am sure that the Lord is going to hold me responsible.


Discipline.
When it comes to training, I believe it is vital because the children are learning boundaries. When I say no, then they know it's not going to happen. I think this helps them in their lives to say no, to others. Proverbs 19 verses 18, "Discipline your son, for in that there is hope; do not be a willing party to his death."


Blessings.
It's not something we usually do, but it is important to bless our children. I wish I knew this when I was a young mother. I would bless my children every day and ask the LORD to bless them too. I think if Joseph blessed Jacobs's children, then we should do the same. I want my children to have peace in their lives, prosperity, and long lives. The devil will do whatever it takes to stop us from blessing our children. Let us bless our children today.


Example:
We need to set an example to our children, they are watching us. Let do the best we can so they may learn from us. I know I'm not perfect, but I can do my best and pray the Lord will guide my children going forward.

Prayer
Lord, I want to commit my children, stepchildren, and grandchildren into Your hands today. I realize they are all adults and living their own lives right now. I want to pray for wisdom, insight, and understanding. Lord, I want to pray that You will bless each one of them in whatever they decide to do. Give them open doors for excellent and prosperous opportunities. Let Your face shine on each one of them and let no harm come to them. I draw a hedge of the blood of Jesus Christ around each one. In Jesus name, amen


Yvette van Niekerk

Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer
Follow me on my Kellan Publishing author page, my blog at Yvette van Niekerk  or Kellan Publishing ; FacebookTwitterLinkedInInstagramPinterestStumble UponGod’s Orchid


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...