Saturday 18 April 2020

Day 23 ~Lock-down ~ should parishioners of the Church still tithe?



So if money is our source of life, then we need our homes, clothes, food, electricity, and cars. No one appreciates someone who spends foolishly and is selfish, not to mention careless with their cash. I know at the end of the day, I want to see the fruits of my labor.

Proverbs 12: 11, "He who tills his land will have plenty of bread, but he who follows worthless things lacks common sense and good judgment."

If you are fortunate to earn a good salary, I think you can put bread on your table.  

Even in our Lock-down, I believe we still should be giving to God. I feel giving to God is one of the greatest keys. My finances are in His hand. I believe in the Word of God and Malachi 3: 10 - 11 AMP "Bring all the tithes (the tenth) into the storehouse, so that there may be food in My house, and test Me now in this," says the Lord of hosts, "if I will not open for you the windows of heaven and pour out for you [so great] a blessing until there is no more room to receive it. Then I will rebuke the devourer (insects, plague) for your sake and he will not destroy the fruits of the ground, nor will your vine in the field drop its grapes [before harvest]," says the Lord of hosts."
God will bless the work you are doing when you give to God, and the enemy will not steal from you. God will protect you.

I want to encourage you to bring your tithes to the house of the LORD. He will bless you in these difficult times. 

Prayer

LORD God, if we are struggling with finances, please show us how to resolve our problems. Show me if I am giving towards the building of Your Church and Your kingdom in a way You want me to do. In Jesus name, Amen

Yvette van Niekerk

Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer
Follow me on my Kellan Publishing author page, my blog at Yvette van Niekerk  or Kellan Publishing ; Facebook; Twitter; LinkedIn; Instagram; Pinterest; Stumble Upon; God’s Orchid

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...