Tuesday 27 June 2017

Eat your own words


Proverbs 18: 21 (NOG) “The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love to talk will have to eat their own words.”

My mom constantly said “think before you speak” and most of the time I would speak my mind anyway.  Sometimes people will take offense and other times they wouldn’t.  I was of the opinion “if the shoe fits, wear it.”

Now, unfortunately, I am learning the hard way, constantly getting back exactly what I put out there many years ago.

It never occurred to me that as you grow older people say harsh words, and many times they cut like knives.  At least the Lord has given me the opportunity in correcting my mistakes.

Someone I know had made a statement and to be honest I took offense, this person is young and believes that she is right and I do suppose she feels that she may speak her mind.  Something I also realized is that she doesn’t have all the facts at hand and was only making assumptions, which by the way implicated me in something I wouldn’t like to be implicated in.  Anyway, I thought and prayed about this matter and have decided to cut ties with her totally.

I didn’t speak my mind and I don’t think I need to this is now in the Lords' hands.  I am watching my own tongue as it can set a whole city lit up.  My words can be sweet as honey and they also can come out so wrong.  So from my side, I don’t want to be eating my own words anymore.  I release the lady and move on.

Prayer


Lord because we have life and death in our mouths and many times we love to hear our own words.  Humbly I confess that I have sinned on more than one occasion.  I confess Lord that I am guilty of speaking my mind without thinking.  I pray asking You Lord, forgive me for I have sinned and help me keep a watch over my mouth and keep a watch over my thoughts and mind.  I ask this in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...