Tuesday 6 June 2017

Struggling to let go of angry thoughts?


Ephesians 4: 26 – 27 NIV “In your anger do not sin: Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry, and do not give the devil a foothold.”

I believe every one of us has to deal with “anger” in our own lives.  When watching the television it is clear we are living in an angry world.  There are violence and abuse against woman and children.  You see people are constantly angry about all kinds of things.  People want free education, they want everything handed to them, they believe that it is their right.  We are living in a time where people are constantly wanting more and more and are not willing to put anything towards whatever they want.  People take offense and are easily hurt and angry when you make a comment on something you have noticed.  Anger flares up and the person is holding on to it and you said something unbeknown to hurt or offend this person. 

So who are you blaming for the angry feelings you are harboring right now?  I am sure you probably have a couple of people in mind.  By not taking responsibility we then turn around and blame that person and this person and before long we are angry at the world.  When I feel angry and cannot get my way, do I know how to wheeled my words, these words come out as a weapon and I am able to cut people down to size. The wrong move, because now I am so in control and will not budge.  This is not working to spread the good news of God.  I am breaking people down.  Read Proverbs chapter 18 verse 14 “a man’s spirit sustains him in sickness, but a crushed spirit who can bear?” (NIV)  Is it your desire to break the person's, heart?  Look what Proverbs chapter 15 verse 4 says “The tongue that brings healing is a tree of life, but a deceitful tongue crushes the spirit.”  We are reminded through Solomon in Proverbs chapter 26 verse 22 “The words of a gossip are like choice morsels; they go down to a man's inmost parts.”  Is it your goal to destroy the person with your words, making sure that when they die they will still hold onto your words?

What am I learning?  Being angry is all good and yes, I can get angry but the question is what am I doing with this angriness?  I have come to a point in my life where I need to assess what is the common denominator?  I need to identify why I feel angry.  Who or what is making me angry?  How do I deal with this emotion?  Then my answer is going to the Lord God in humble prayer, asking the Lord to help me deal with these feelings of anger.  Getting rid of it before it changes into something are worse, and that is bitterness.

Prayer


Abba Father, O Lord God I believe that You know and understand my heart.  You know what I am facing each and every day.  You see how I act and see what I think.  Because I am drawing near to You today this is what I need.  Lord show me how to deal with the anger I have built up within my heart.  Help me to understand what is making me angry and help me to let go of it.  I love You Lord and I bring these destroying emotions into Your presence asking You Lord help me.  In the Holy Name of Jesus Christ Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...