Wednesday 7 June 2017

Dealing with doubt


Ephesians 6: 17 NIV “Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.”

As a Christian, it is imperative that we trust and believe in the Lord Jesus Christ with all our hearts, soul and mind.  The funny thing is that when you are feeling a little sick, or discouraged it becomes difficult.  Then doubt comes into play, the devil will place a thought into your mind and you either accept it or reject is.  This is where the full armor of the Lord God is important.  Be honest we don’t always put the full armor of God on do we?  The past couple of days has been grueling for me personally.  Self-doubt has been plaguing my mind.  To top it off, I actually entertained the devil.  As I meditate and think on the word of God I have come to realize that I am my worst enemy.

You see I have been ill for a couple of days, feeling miserable and not myself.  I am not perky and definitely not a pleasure to be around.  Then I also feel disappointed by a couple of people that I have met in the past year.  But nevertheless, let them be.  The antidote to being so doubtful is actually very simple.  I have to put on the full armor of God.  You see as a person our minds are the battlefield.  You can look at me and not see what I really am going through.  Smoke and mirrors hey. 

Well, the devil, today I am coming up against you in the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ and I bind your works.  I place the helmet of salvation over my head and I take the sword of the Spirit which is the Word of God.  I stand up against you in Jesus Christ of Nazareth name.

Prayer


Heavenly Father, O Lord, just as I am today with all of my fears and doubts please forgive me.  I believe that the Lord Jesus Christ of Nazareth has died and risen again for me.  I declare the blood of Jesus Christ over my life today.  I accept that I am more than a conquer and that I can do all things through Christ Jesus.  I put the whole armor of God on.  I put on the belt of truth around my waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place and with my feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace.  In addition to all this, I take up the shield of faith, with which I can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.  Taking the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God.  In the name of Jesus Christ, I am armored.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...