Thursday 8 June 2017

What defines you?


Proverbs 23: 7 NIV “for he is the kind of man who is always thinking about the cost.  “Eat and drink,” he says to you, but his heart is not with you.”


Go and stand before a mirror and look at your countenance, what do you see?  When I go to the mirror I see an elderly lady looking back at me.  I see her every morning when she combs her hair and brushes her teeth, so it must be me.  Then, of course, I am a wife, a mother, and stepmother and a grandmother and last but not least a daughter.

Come to think of it, I have many different roles to play in my life.  But have you visited with someone and when in their company you feel a little off.  You just cannot put your finger on it.  They are kind, friendly and look all too good but there is something off about the whole scenario? 

We sometimes act just like this person in Proverbs, we are supposed to be children of the Most High God but we treat people with contempt and disregard them.  Why?  I believe when you get to a certain level in your life and you feel that you have made it, you become selfish and don’t really want to share your wealth with others.  But because of etiquette and protocol you need to act in a certain way, you know it because it is expected of you.

Oh my goodness, Lord help us.

Prayer


Lord God, in humble adoration we come before You today, Lord.  Just as we are, daughters of the Most High God, a royal priesthood.  Bought with the blood of Jesus Christ.  Remind us that we Lord, need You in our lives.  That whatever we have is because You gave it to us.  Lord bless each person reading these words today.  In the name of Jesus Christ Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...