Wednesday 28 June 2017

Boomerang


Matthew 7: 1-5 MSG “Don’t pick on people, jump on their failures, criticize their faults – unless, of course, you want the same treatment.  That critical spirit has a way of boomeranging.  It’s easy to see a smudge on your neighbor’s face and be oblivious to the ugly sneer on your own.  Do you have the nerve to say, “Let me wash your face for you,” when your own face is distorted by contempt?  It’s this whole traveling road-show mentality all over again, playing a holier-than-thou part instead of just living your part.  Wipe that ugly sneer off your own face, and you might be fit to offer a washcloth to your neighbor.”

Perhaps you can associate with me, sometimes you seem to have all the answers and you assume people are just not as smart as you think you are.  Or you may know someone that is the “Know-it-all” person when you start saying something they will end the story with something that happened to them.

But then you notice they have so many faults and you just want to point it out to them but in the meantime, you have even greater problems. 

I have had to deal with myself for a very long time and fault finding was one of the things that I was a master at.  The slightest thing and I would be in your face, never mind all my own faults.  I was according to me, perfect and the rest of the people weren’t on the same page.

Now when this boomeranged back on me I was totally devastated, how on earth could this happen to me, I am not that kind of person.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, please Lord, forgive me for my over zealous judgement of other people and their problems.  Help me to first investigate my own life before I deem it my business to check others.  Forgive me for being such a fault find and not a love seeker.  In the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...