Friday 9 June 2017

Obedience


Acts 4: 19 NIV “But Peter and John replied, “Judge for yourselves whether it is right in God’s sight to obey you rather than God.”

How do you and I become obedient to the Lord God?  It is clear that when you love and know the Lord Jesus Christ of Nazareth and understand what He has done for you; it will be so easy to obey God.

Peter and John healed a man who was in his late forties and they healed this man in the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ of Nazareth.  They obeyed the Lord and the Sanhedrin wanted to prohibit them from speaking in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth.

We see Peter is filled with the Holy Spirit and tells them “If we are being called to account today for an act of kindness shown to a cripple and are asked how he was healed, then know this, you and all the people of Israel:  It is by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified but whom God raised from the dead, that this man stands before you healed.”

Staying true to God is so important, we draw near to Him every day.  In obedience, I challenge you today, keep the Lord Jesus Christ of Nazareth in your heart.  Let us become more and more like Jesus so that we are able to heal the sick and bring the Good News to the World today.

Prayer


Lord Jesus Christ of Nazareth, I humbly come into Your presence today praying that I too will be obedient to You and that I will bring the Good news to the people.  Holy Spirit renews my mind and helps me to stay obedient in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...