Sunday 11 June 2017

The "inside" job


Matthew 11: 28-30 MSG “Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion?  Come to me.  Get away with me and you’ll recover your life.  I’ll show you how to take a real rest.  Walk with me and work with me – watch how I do it.  Learn the unforced rhythms of grace.  I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you.  Keep company with me and you’ll learn to live freely and lightly.”

What draws you to people?  Do you like people yelling and shouting at you or do you spend time with people who are amicable?  You know that guy that is always friendly and kind?  Or the lady that always smiles when speaking to you.

The Lord Jesus Christ of Nazareth is actually like the friendly guy.  When we spend time in God’s Word – the Bible we are learning more and more from the Lord.  People are influenced by what they see others do.  So when you see and study God’s Word you see how the Lord Jesus Christ of Nazareth reacted.

I want to encourage you today to take the time and study these words in Matthew chapter 11.  Thinking about being gentle and finding rest in the Lord Jesus.  If you aren't experiencing any peace in your life, stop for a moment and focus on the words in Matthew chapter 11 verses 28 to 30 in the Message.  Get into the rhythm of God’s grace.

Prayer


O Lord God, we are always so busy and we just don’t take the time to spend with You.  Humbly we pray forgive each one of us, we desire to become gentle and loving people.  We want to come into the rhythm of Your grace.  We ask to help us in accepting the Lord Jesus Christ as our Lord and Saviour, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...