Skip to main content

Do Not Stop Praying!


1 John 3: 21-22 AMP “Beloved, if our heart does not convict us [of guilt], we have confidence [complete assurance and boldness] before God; and we receive from Him whatever we ask because we [carefully and consistently] keep His commandments and do the things that are pleasing in His sight [habitually] seeking to follow His plan for us].”

For a couple of days I felt so out of sync, you know I lost my rhythm and I just couldn’t see what the problem was.  I would start my day saying “thank You, Lord, for another day.”  Rising and it seemed I would get caught up in doing so many other things that I would forget what I was doing in the first place. 

As I reflect on the things that have become so “important” to me I have come to realize that I have stopped praying.  Taking the time to come and sit at the Lord’s feet.  Just being in His presence and speaking to Him about everything that I needed and wanted.

Thank the Lord for the “little voice” that reminds me, “Hey, aren't you going to make time for the Lord today?”  We see that the Lord Jesus disappeared early in the morning to go and speak privately with the Father, see Mark Chapter 1 verses 35 – 39 NIV. 

Only after the Lord had spent time in the Father’s presence was He ready to share with the people.

Prayer


Please Lord, forgive me for not always being faithful when it comes to my prayer life.  Help me to stay focused on You, create a pure spirit within me and a clean heart.  Help me to seek You, early in the morning and late at night.  For You, Lord is the Light of my soul.  In the Name of Jesus Christ.  Amen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#never #destroyed

https://goo.gl/xK6bTg 2 Corinthians 4: 8-9AMP “We are pressured in every way [hedged in], but not crushed; perplexed [unsure of finding a way out], but not driven to despair; hunted down and persecuted, but not deserted [to stand alone]; struck down, but never destroyed;” I realized that my emotions are something that can cause me to feel pressure and hedged in. My circumstances seem impossible and I feel that there is no way I am going to make it. Then it’s time to check what is going on in your personal life.  Are you getting enough sleep? Are you eating properly? Do you take a break from time to time? If I don’t get enough sleep it seems despair is knocking at my door, and I feel miserable. I just cannot move forward, I want to curl up and died. Just because I am tired and there seems to be no way out. Emotions have a way of controlling each one of us. I realized that I will never be destroyed because there is a way forward.  God gave me common sense an...

You are a Blessing to me!

Working in a multiracial office is always interesting, and my story today is one about sharing and looking out for each other.    Our cleaning lady doesn’t earn much and I doubt even if they are paying her ‘mini mum wages’.   Nevertheless the people in our office know this and worry about her.    One of the young ladies decided to give her a newspaper with all the latest add in it.   As she paged through the paper she sat next to her and asked her ‘what do you like’.    Looking at the stuff on the page she pick out a couple of things that seemed impossible to own and said to this young girl.   I like this and I would love to have one of these. Without her knowledge the Human Resource division made a collection and they then assigned the task to the young lady to buy the things Judy wanted. We gave her, her gifts today.   I was amazed at her gratefulness, tears of joy running down her face and all she could say was “T...

Help Me Stay True in Giving God His Tithe

Can I be real with you for a minute? Tithing is something I wrestle with. I try my best to be faithful, giving to the best of my ability. But let's be honest, sometimes I look around and see others who seem to be blessed in ways I'm not. They have this financial ease, this "caliber" of blessing, that can feel a world away from my own reality. And in those moments of doubt, a quiet, gentle voice reminds me: I am blessed. God does provide. He has come through for me more times than I can count, often in ways I didn't even see until later. He's always there, picking me up when I've lost it and guiding me when I'm blind to the path. My heart is so grateful for that. But my thinking still needs work. My human nature kicks in and whispers, "I earned this. I worked for this salary." It’s a constant battle to get my heart aligned with the truth. And the truth is found in verses like this: “A tithe of everything from the land, whether grain from the ...