Thursday 8 June 2017

#Faith like a #mustard #seed


Matthew 17: 20 NIV “He replied, “Because you have so little faith, I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, “move from here to there” and it will move.  Nothing will be impossible for you.”

Have you actually seen how small a mustard seed is?  Seriously, it is rather small but that same seed yields the most beautiful huge tree.  I have a question I want to ask you, please think about it seriously and see if you agree with me.  If you and I have faith as small as a mustard seed, why then aren’t all our prayers heard?

Do you think it is because our faith does not align with that of God and that we don’t really believe God is able to do what He says He can do? Or are we trying to make things happen on our own ability, you know praying God do this and then going through a lot of trouble to see what we can do in the meantime?

Where is our confidence?  In ourselves and our ability or that of God and His ability?  I wonder whether I am really and truly surrendered to the Lord God in such a way that He is able to take over and do what needs to be done.  Have I truly surrender every thought and deed into the Lords Hands?


Prayer


Heavenly Father, Luke Chapter One verse thirty-seven says “For nothing is impossible with God.” Lord as a Christian I come into Your presence today, I pray Lord for the needy and I pray for the sick.  I also pray for each and every one of us seeking You.  Lord in our unbelief we draw near to You.  My prayer today is that I truly will draw near to You and that I will actually have faith as small as a mustard seed and I ask that You Holy Spirit will ignite the growing power in my soul and heart and mind.  This I pray in the Holy Name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...