Tuesday 27 June 2017

#Good #Parents

Hebrews 12: 11 NOG “We don’t enjoy being disciplined.  It always seems to cause more pain than joy.  But later on, those who learn from that discipline have peace that comes doing what is right.”

What is it that we need to do here?  When it comes to our children we all want the very best, I mean things I never had I wanted my children to have and they are doing exactly what I did.  So when it comes to Dad’s we know that they too are acting out as good Fathers.

As a mother it is difficult for me to discipline my children and I have tried, when my youngest son was still in school he was much taller than I.  So when I wanted to smack him, he would hold both my arms so that it was impossible to spank him.  After holding my arms I would just let it go. 

When children have a father there is no getting away with things that are wrong, and discipline is inevitable.

The thing about discipline, we want to teach our children good values, we want them to know right from wrong and we want the very best for them.  It is and still will be the most important thing in my life.  I dislike being disciplined, now that is a different kettle of fish.  It not only hurts but it isn't fun and I don’t like the discomfort.

Prayer


Lord thank You, for being my Good, good Father, I don’t know what I would be without You.  Yes, I know when You are disciplining me, I want to pray that in times of discipline that You will teach me, show me and guide me so that I am able to learn to form my discipline.  In the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...