Saturday 17 June 2017

How do you know you are hearing from God?


GOD’s Word Translation Colossians 3: 15 “Also, let Christ’s peace control you.  God has called you into this peace by bringing you into one body.  Be thankful.”

Many people I have met want to know ‘how do I know its God speaking to me.”  I believe that the word of God is my guide, and we read here in Colossians chapter 3 verse 15 that “Christ’s peace controls me.”

You may be facing a difficult situation and need some kind of answer, you actually need to speak to God, and how can you do that?  In humble prayer, this is our connection to God. 

If you are unhappy and feel frustrated and uncomfortable you know without a doubt that there is something wrong.  You are not happy with what you are experiencing, there is no peace.  Then you aren't in God’s good and perfect will.  Sometimes we fall into His permissive will for our lives but we are far from His perfect will.

The apostle Paul reminds each of us that in Romans chapter 13 verse 8 (GW) “Pay your debts as they come due.  However, one debt you can never finish paying is the debt of love that you owe each other.  The one who loves another person has fulfilled Moses’ Teaching.”

Come into agreement with the people around you, love them and try and understand them with mercy in your heart. 

Prayer


Lord You know my circumstances, times, when I feel frustrated and uncomfortable and unhappy, is because I am not in Your will.  Today, please help me to learn how to stay in Your perfect will.  I am listening and reading Your word and I accept that You have given me peace and are steering me into another direction for my own life.  Guide me, help me and show me the way forward, in Jesus Christ's name.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...