Friday 9 June 2017

Learning to stay calm


Ecclesiastes 10: 4 NIV “If a ruler’s anger rises against you, do not leave your post; calmness can lay great errors to rest.”

The younger me, a long, long time ago I used to keep quiet when my manager or boss would throw a tantrum.  I would just sit and watch as they would carry on.  I sometimes wish that I never changed from being quiet and reserved.  This would defuse the situation and the person would regret their actions tremendously.
 
The thing is we all grow up and learn from other people, which could be good or bad behavior.  I learned how to defend myself and I actual was taught to speak up and clear the air.  What a load of nonsense, this would only ignite the situation and there would be a full-blown war raging in the office. 

Now, I have not been working in a volatile environment for a long time and my darling husband has invested a lot of time teaching me to be quiet and just listen.

Practicing to stay calm in really volatile situations and circumstances take a lot out of me.  Because now I want to say what I feel and actually take the other person on.  Totally the wrong attitude and definitely unnecessary.

Like a sponge, I am constantly taking information from people I love and trust and my daughter said something interesting.  “The noise in your head doesn’t necessarily mean, it’s in my head.”  This made sense because whatever you are battling with, doesn’t have anything to do with me.

Now when things get a little difficult and people irritate me I keep quiet and literally bite my tongue.  Placing my hand over my mouth to guard myself against speaking out.  Scary isn’t it?  The main thing is “self-control” and keeping a guard over one’s mouth at all times.

Prayer


Lord Jesus Christ of Nazareth, You know each and everyone reading this page today.  You know whether they are happy, sad or lonely.  If they have Bosses who are angry or friendly.  If they are able to fight back or just stay quiet.  I want to dedicate each person right now into Your hands, Holy Spirit touches the lives of each person today.  I pray for the peace of mind, self-control, and wisdom.  In Jesus Name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...