Saturday 10 July 2021

A very tall cake.

 A very tall cake





by Yvette van Niekerk

My customer asked me to bake them a very tall cake, it should have six layers, and they wanted it with a pink chocolate drip, with gold numbering and sweets to top it off.

I had to bake, three layers of vanilla cake, and three layers of chocolate cake. To my surprise, I used 1.5 kg of white butter and 3 kg of icing sugar.

I now understand that this cake does not want to be rushed. It needs to stand and then you can proceed to ice the cake. The challenge I faced with the icing was it kept on making little wholes in the surface of the cake. I still am not sure how I can rectify this but I think with practice I might be able to make the cake super slick.

So here is the end product. Do you you have any suggestions as to how I may improve on my skills?

Thank you


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...