Thursday 15 July 2021

You belong to Christ

by Yvette van Niekerk


 

July 15

You belong to Christ.


2 Corinthians 11: 2 (NLV)

2 "I am jealous of you with God-like jealousy. I have given you, as a woman who has never had a man, to one Husband, Who is Christ."


  I remember walking into the bridal shop and looking at all the beautiful wedding gowns. I stretched out my hands and touched a couple of silk and lace dresses. They shined, and some even had feather trimming. The dazzle of the beautiful dresses mesmerized me, and I loved each dress I saw. The wedding plans were well on their way, and I had just turned 18.


I thought the dress I decided on was simply a beautiful, lace bodice and silk skirt with exquisite lace long sleeves. I believe we are in preparations for our wedding day with the Lord Jesus. I think we the church are awaiting the Lord's arrival and we are looking forward to His long-awaited return.

Each day we are renewing our minds, becoming more like the Lord Jesus and getting ready for His return as His bride. We are now learning to focus all our attention on becoming more like Jesus. Studying His Word and trusting in the Holy Spirit to guide us.


Prayer


Heavenly Father, Lord while we wait for the return of the Lord Jesus, we humbly pray for guidance. Lord, we know that You are a jealous God, and we want to surrender our lives into Your hands. Please give us the strength and wisdom to carry on each day, drawing closer to You in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...