Thursday 29 July 2021

"why should I be afraid?"

 by Yvette van Niekerk



July 29 

"Why should I be afraid?" 

Psalm 27: 1 (TLB) 

1 "The Lord is my light and my salvation; he protects me from danger—whom shall I fear?"

As I sit here, it struck me that I will not allow fear to drive me today; why should I be afraid? Yes? I cannot control my life, but I do know someone in control over my life and who is there for me. I believe the Lord is my light and my salvation; I have a fortress to run to for protection. Balancing work and family can be difficult, and when your managers tell you that tonight you have to work extra time, fear grips your heart. Your spouse is so jealous and cannot understand that you are working. You may also have debt that has gone out of control, and the phone doesn't stop ringing ~ debtors calling every fourth night asking for payment. I want to encourage you to sit down and speak to the Lord about your problems, He is your protector, and He will be there for you. 

Prayer 

Lord, as we face today, please will you remind us that we are not stumbling around in the dark but that You are our light. We come to You in our hour of need, and You are our fortress and our protector. Please, help us face today in Jesus Holy Name, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...