Saturday 3 July 2021

Prejudice

by Yvette van Niekerk 

July 3 

Prejudice.


Acts 10: 34 (AMP)

34 "And Peter opened his mouth and said: Most certainly and thoroughly, I now perceive and understand that God shows no partiality and is no respecter of persons."


  Thinking about what Peter said, I want to put it to you this way. The word prejudice means that there is no "preconceived opinion that isn't on reason or experience." You and I are individuals, and God is not a respecter of persons, He knows us and doesn't act prejudicially. The Lord Jesus was a man, and He didn't have a set of friends for dining together or chatting to a specific group of people. No, the Lord Jesus was friends with everyone, the rich and the poor, the Israelites and Gentiles.



He is accused of dining with sinners as far as the Pharisees were concerned. The Lord Jesus considered us as people. There comes a time in our lives that we should stop viewing people through a different kind of "looking glass." This "looking glass" called prejudice should stop, and we should remember that God wasn't a respecter of persons, and we should act in the same way.


Prayer


Father God, according to Your Word, says that whatever things I ask when I pray, believe that I receive them. Please help me to stop being prejudiced. In Jesus Christ Name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...