Thursday 29 July 2021

Silhouette Girl Chocolate Cake

 by Yvette van Niekerk

Mbali Happy 10th Birthday!


Silhouette girl

Today I baked a chocolate cake, and covered it in purple fondant, placed a black silhouette of a girl holding out her hand. On her hand, I put a ten and loads of different coloured hearts. I also made a pink fondant bow with white dots. 

The little girls will be turning ten years old and I also made six chocolate cupcakes with purple icing sugar and green. Placing a ten on each cupcake with two little hearts. 

It was a painstaking day, and when it's so cold it's difficult to roll out the fondant to the right thickness.

I find the fondant has lost its elasticity because it's been so cold, and the fondant doesn't want to take on the shape I want it to. In the summer I struggle with the fondant as it starts to melt in the heat so there isn't a happy medium presently. HaHa

I enjoyed decorating this cake and I hope my client will love what I have done with the cake. Another masterpiece by myself. Teehee

Blessings and enjoy your cake dearie!...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...