Friday 16 July 2021

The fear of the Lord, is the beginning of Wisdom.

 by Yvette van Niekerk



July 16


The fear of the Lord is the beginning of Wisdom.


Proverbs 9: 10 (NLV)

10 "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of Wisdom. To learn about the Holy One is understanding."


  What does the word Wisdom mean? It is "the quality of having experience, knowledge, and good judgment. The quality of being wise." As a Christian, my heart desires to have Wisdom in my own life. My life experiences have been very different from your own. I must build my relationship with God; I fear Him and want to honour Him with all my heart.


The only way I feel I could grow spiritually is to study the Word of God (Bible) and learn as much as possible. I don't assume I know it all, and I believe there is too much to learn. We live in a dark and gloomy world; people are self-centred and don't care. The only way we can change this is by telling people about the Lord Jesus. The light Jesus brings into our lives. I have many Bibles, and I love every one of them. Today, be encouraged and learn a scripture that means something special to you. Let the light of the Lord Jesus, fill your minds, soul and heart today.


Prayer


Humbly, Father God, I want to pray that You will touch my heart and mind, renew my soul. I want to pray for wisdom and insight for today. Guide me and show me the way forward. I am longing for the Wisdom I need to get me through today. Help me, Lord, in Jesus Name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...