Sunday 11 July 2021

Test yourselves



by Yvette van Niekerk

July 11

Test yourselves.


2 Corinthians 13: 5 (NIV)

5 "Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you – unless, of course, you fail the test?"


  Students are more acquainted with is exams in schools. They go to school and university, and every three months they are tested. Now, the results will be sent home to parents to view and see how their children are progressing in school. Think of this as adults we too are tested. The only difference is our attitude towards each other and life.


Are you continually arguing, fighting being discontent and self-righteous? Stop for a moment; think about your attitude towards life in general. Are you frequently speaking to people and it's all about "Me, me and me" what happened to your Christian image? We should stop and take a look at ourselves, testing our attitudes and our intentions.


If you aren't sure whether you will pass this test in life, I believe you should pray about your situation. To pass this test in life, we need to make sure we are in right standing with the Lord Jesus.


Prayer

Holy Spirit, as I examine my own heart and life, I want to pray Lord, please reveal to me what my shortcomings are and help me to "be the change I want to see" in my life and my family. With Your guidance, I know we will make it in Jesus Holy name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...