Saturday 17 July 2021

God has not given us a spirit of fear.

 by Yvette van Niekerk



July 17


God has not given us a spirit of fear.


2 Timothy 1: 7 (NLV)

7 "For God did not give us a spirit of fear. He gave us a spirit of power and love and a good mind."


  The number one problem people face today is anxiety or fear, which turns into depression. I know it's easier said than done, and I have heard people saying, "face your fears." Jocey Meyers noted that "she stands up and is scared inside," she still faces her fears. It's almost a bittersweet taste in my mouth when I feel afraid.


My hands become clammy, and I think my heart rate pick up. Now I am facing my fear, but I have been praying silently, asking the Lord to please, help me meet this problem.


God is faithful and will help in any situation; His Spirit of Power is with you. We all experience difficult times, and because we do not understand or know the outcome, we sometimes give into fear. May the Lord God touch your life and lift the spirit of anxiety off of you.


Prayer

Dear Father God, please will you teach each one of us that we do not have to fear because You have given us a spirit of power and love and a sound mind. We are your children, and we can call on you in our hour of need. In the name of Jesus, Amen.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...