Wednesday 21 July 2021

God made the decision.

 by Yvette van Niekerk



July 21


God made the decision.


1 Corinthians 1: 27 (AMP)

27 "But God has selected [for His purpose] the foolish things of the world to shame the wise [revealing their ignorance], and God has selected [for His purpose] the weak things of the world to shame the things which are strong [revealing their frailty]."


  Before I became a Christian, I found reading the Bible to be something challenging, and the stories seemed to be drawn out and just too long. I didn't understand the different stories, and it seemed pointless many a time. Then one day, I came to know the Lord, my relationship with the Lord changed, I wanted to learn more of God, and I wanted to draw near to God. The Bible came to life, and every time I needed some encouragement.


I thank God for His purpose in my life in revealing to me the Word of God. I have never thought of myself as being smart and wise. I cannot do much, and I focus on God. I strive to become more and more like Jesus, and I want to keep my relationship with the Lord.


Prayer


Father God, thank You for allowing me to become Your child, thank You for the Holy Spirit that lives within me who teaches me, guides me and reveals to me the meaning of Your Word. In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...