Monday 1 August 2016

Don’t be bewildered or surprised




1 Peter 4: 12-13 Living Bible (TLB)

12 Dear friends, don’t be bewildered or surprised when you go through the fiery trials ahead, for this is no strange, unusual thing that is going to happen to you. 13 Instead, be really glad—because these trials will make you partners with Christ in his suffering, and afterwards you will have the wonderful joy of sharing his glory in that coming day when it will be displayed.


Peter reminds the congregation that they shouldn’t be bewildered or surprised when they go through fiery trials.  But let’s be realistic, sometimes you are so surprised and bewildered at what is happening that very minute.  We sometimes are thrown of guard and when you struggling through the difficulty and cannot seem to get focused, that’s when you should remind yourself of God’s great plan for your own life.

My Dad used to remind us that we all face the same trials and tribulations in life because we are people and we need to learn, grow and God is busy changing and shaping our character. 

I also noticed that when the trials are at their most intense and toughest the outcome is normally great.  I want to encourage you today, stay focused on the Lord Jesus, don’t every give up and stretch yourself forward, grow spiritually and let God shape your character.  In the long run you will pick the fruits.

You are a blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...