Monday 29 August 2016

‘… Make room for the new.’




Leviticus 26:9-10New King James Version (NKJV)
‘For I will look on you favourably and make you fruitful, multiply you and confirm My covenant with you.
10 You shall eat the old harvest, and clear out the old because of the new.

I once saw a picture with a little girl holding onto a really ragged old teddy bear and her Daddy held behind his back a beautiful brand new bigger teddy bear.  Asking her to give him the teddy bear she refused because it was her own little teddy bear.  After some sweet talking and pressurization she finally handed her Daddy the teddy bear.  You should have seen her face when he gave her the brand new bigger bear.  I will never forget that.


A lesson I have since learned is to receive new things in my life I need to get rid of the old, they clutter up my life style and make it impossible to buy new ones.  It works the same way with the LORD our God.  We need to give up some good stuff and to enable the LORD God to bless us with better stuff.

Prayer

O LORD our God if there is things in our lives that we need to give up and get rid of, please show us and help us to let go of the old and make room for the new.  Please Lord; give us the wisdom to receive YOUR Supernatural blessings in our own lives today, in the Name of Jesus.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...