Saturday 20 August 2016

‘do not be afraid’




Matthew 1:20Amplified Bible, Classic Edition (AMPC)

20 But as he was thinking this over, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, Joseph, descendant of David, do not be afraid to take Mary [as] your wife, for that which is conceived in her is of (from, out of) the Holy Spirit.

Feeling overwhelmed as I look at the stack of work placed on my desk I wanted to cry.  As I looked at the stack I was worried that I would not complete the task before the end of the next day.  My friend and colleague encouraged me to take it ‘one tree at a time, don’t look at the forest.’  

Can you imagine what went through Joseph’s heart when he realized Mary was pregnant.  I am sure he must have also felt worried and concerned knowing he didn’t impregnate her.  Then we see God intervenes on behalf of Mary and encourages Joseph to marry her.

Today as you start your day, I want to encourage you ‘do not be afraid’ the Lord has never failed me or forsaken me, He will not forsake you either.  The Holy Spirit is within each one of us helping and encouraging us today.  


Prayer
Lord Jesus thank You that You are with us each and every day, thank You for encouraging us not to be afraid and to take each day as it comes our way.  Bless our hands and minds with Your loving kindness.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...