Monday 29 August 2016

Look at what is in your hand.



1 Samuel 17:50New King James Version (NKJV)
50 So David prevailed over the Philistine with a sling and a stone, and struck the Philistine and killed him. But there was no sword in the hand of David. 


When reading this passage I am reminded that King Saul tried to fit David with his armor which obviously didn’t fit David.  He finally said let me go the way that I am.  He didn’t look at the giant with his big sword and shield.  David had his sling in his hand and stopped to pick up 5 pebbles.  His focus wasn’t on the fact that he wasn’t dressed for the occasion no, he was going to face his enemy.

Sometimes we should stop focusing on what we don’t have and start focusing on what we have at hand.  We need to realize that when we need something to happen in our lives and it is meant to happen, you can be sure it will take place.

Look at what you have in your hands, use this for now and see how the rest will fall into place.  Stay focused on the Lord God.

Prayer
Heavenly Father as we prepare for our different needs and we see what we have in our hands, open our eyes to the prospects and the opportunities at hand.  Let us see what we can do with that which You have blessed us, in Jesus Holy Name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...