Sunday 21 August 2016

I will uphold you




Isaiah 41:10Living Bible (TLB)

10 Fear not, for I am with you. Do not be dismayed. I am your God. I will strengthen you; I will help you; I will uphold you with my victorious right hand.

The past couple of years I had to stay home because I just could not secure a job and I really need to tell you that staying home wasn’t that easy for me.  You have so much time to think it really can be scary.

In the beginning I kept myself busy with cleaning house and maintaining the washing and ironing.  But after a while I became really good at it and I would do this in a couple of hours and not all day.

I started to develop a strange fear, I was afraid of leaving my house and just popping out to the shops for necessities.  I sat one day really overwhelmed and fear gripped my heart when I realized that I had go shopping.  I took my Bible and I opened it at Isaiah 41 and my eyes rested on verse 10. 

I felt empowered and with fear in my heart I decided to go out and do my shopping and face the world again.


Prayer
O Lord God, please don’t let us become so cut off from this world that we become fearful and let us know that You will uphold us each and every day with Your victorious right hand.  We praise Your Holy Name in Jesus Name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...