Friday 26 August 2016

Put our confidence in the Lord




2 Thessalonians 3: 3 KJV

3But the Lord is faithful, who shall establish you, and keep you from evil.

My journey has been interesting and I probably could tell you many stories.  One thing I can honestly tell you today is to put your confidence in the Lord Jesus.  People are so fickle and as you know they can and normally do disappoint you.



From my point of view I would say the best bet in life is to stay focused on the Lord Jesus and not to forget that He is there to help you and keep you from evil.

I remember we just moved to Johannesburg form the Free State, Virginia.  On our way home from work there was a huge accident.  The two guys that were racing on the high way, both of them were decapitated.  It was a gruesome sight and I felt my heart almost stopping. 

This reminded me that I must always pray from my own children, I must keep my family and friends in my prayers.  It shocked me so that I had nightmares for many nights.  Then I was reminded that the Lord is faithful, that the Lord does establish me, and that He keeps me from evil.

Prayer
Heavenly Father in times of need we run to You Lord, and when we are well and happy we forget about You.  Lord thank You for being faithful to us and thank You that we may put our confidence in You Lord Jesus.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...