Tuesday 12 December 2017

Stop putting yourself down.



Colossians 3: 17
“Whatever you do [no matter what it is] in word or deed,
do everything in the name of the
LORD Jesus [and independence
on Him], giving thanks to
God the Father through Him.”

As I reflect on my life I honestly need to say that I am my worst enemy.  Joyce Meyers wrote the book on “The Battlefield of the Mind.”  I think that most of my battles are in my mind.  I would be reminded of my past and it plagued me for months on end.

This year I decided enough!  I need to stop putting myself down, I need to accept who I am; I need to trust in Jesus and His process of the renewing of my mind.  I actually did start the process about three years ago and trusted in God to help me with my project.  It came to fruition.

I have reached a point in my life that I am able to understand life in general.  No one feels that good about themselves, we all walk around with some kind of mask.  I have a mask for the church, I have a mask for when family comes to visit and I have a mask for friend and colleagues.  I have decided to get rid of that mask and now I am faced with the possibility that people won’t like me.

It struck me that I am learning each and every day, how to relate to people around me, what I see people like and don’t like.  I am also noticing that yes, I have made mistakes but hey life goes on and other people just hide their mistakes better.

Do you remember this idiom:  “For want of a nail the shoe was lost. For want of a shoe, the horse was lost. For want of a horse, the rider was lost. For want of a rider, the message was lost. For want of a message, the battle was lost. For want of a battle, the kingdom was lost. And all for the want of a horseshoe nail.”

I will do my level best each and every day; I might be the nail that holds the horseshoe together.  Which carries the messenger? 

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You, thank You, thank You for yet another day and the realization that I don’t have to keep putting myself down for each and every sin. Yes, I make mistakes and I slip up but I humbly pray give me the wisdom and insight not to keep putting myself down.  Help me to move forward and trust YOU, LORD.  In Jesus Christ's name, Amen.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...