Skip to main content

Being forged like a sword!



James 1: 2-4
“Consider it nothing but joy,
my brothers and sisters,
whenever you fall into various trials.
Be assured that the testing of your faith
[through experience]
produces endurance
[leading to spiritual maturity, and inner peace].
And let endurance have its perfect result and do a
through work, so that you may be
perfect and completely developed
[in your faith],
lacking in nothing.”

As I reflect on my life I believe in a sense my life is like an ore-bearing stone.  For the magic to come out of me something needs to take place so that a sword and a scabbard and chain can be forged.
The ore-bearing stone needs to be melted and then it is poured out into narrow molds.   Now the forging takes place.  First waiting for the melted glowing metal to cool down and the craftsman takes a little water and pours it over the still hot metal.

Breaking open the molds and taking them with tongs the rods are now ready to be forged.  You know the trails and tribulations you have faced and the pain you endured. Going through the fire and coming out changed.  Each process in our lives is to refine us and help us change.

The sword is the Word of God and God is the craftsman carefully knocking out all the blemishes and tiny little cracks.  It takes time and you are changing each day.  One day I will be that shiny bright beautiful sword that a trained knight can use in battle.

Prayer

O Lord, we don’t always consider it all joy when we need to face difficulties, sometimes we murmur and complain.  In humility we say thank You, You know what You are doing and these little knocks and bumps we experience are to forge us into the instrument You have decided for each of our life.  Open our eyes Lord so that we may see what it is You want us to see.  

Help us understand the life You have in mind for us.  I live with purpose and a life worthy of You.  Thank You so much, Lord, for keeping us safe.  I love You Lord in Jesus Christ's name, Amen.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#never #destroyed

https://goo.gl/xK6bTg 2 Corinthians 4: 8-9AMP “We are pressured in every way [hedged in], but not crushed; perplexed [unsure of finding a way out], but not driven to despair; hunted down and persecuted, but not deserted [to stand alone]; struck down, but never destroyed;” I realized that my emotions are something that can cause me to feel pressure and hedged in. My circumstances seem impossible and I feel that there is no way I am going to make it. Then it’s time to check what is going on in your personal life.  Are you getting enough sleep? Are you eating properly? Do you take a break from time to time? If I don’t get enough sleep it seems despair is knocking at my door, and I feel miserable. I just cannot move forward, I want to curl up and died. Just because I am tired and there seems to be no way out. Emotions have a way of controlling each one of us. I realized that I will never be destroyed because there is a way forward.  God gave me common sense an...

You are a Blessing to me!

Working in a multiracial office is always interesting, and my story today is one about sharing and looking out for each other.    Our cleaning lady doesn’t earn much and I doubt even if they are paying her ‘mini mum wages’.   Nevertheless the people in our office know this and worry about her.    One of the young ladies decided to give her a newspaper with all the latest add in it.   As she paged through the paper she sat next to her and asked her ‘what do you like’.    Looking at the stuff on the page she pick out a couple of things that seemed impossible to own and said to this young girl.   I like this and I would love to have one of these. Without her knowledge the Human Resource division made a collection and they then assigned the task to the young lady to buy the things Judy wanted. We gave her, her gifts today.   I was amazed at her gratefulness, tears of joy running down her face and all she could say was “T...

Help Me Stay True in Giving God His Tithe

Can I be real with you for a minute? Tithing is something I wrestle with. I try my best to be faithful, giving to the best of my ability. But let's be honest, sometimes I look around and see others who seem to be blessed in ways I'm not. They have this financial ease, this "caliber" of blessing, that can feel a world away from my own reality. And in those moments of doubt, a quiet, gentle voice reminds me: I am blessed. God does provide. He has come through for me more times than I can count, often in ways I didn't even see until later. He's always there, picking me up when I've lost it and guiding me when I'm blind to the path. My heart is so grateful for that. But my thinking still needs work. My human nature kicks in and whispers, "I earned this. I worked for this salary." It’s a constant battle to get my heart aligned with the truth. And the truth is found in verses like this: “A tithe of everything from the land, whether grain from the ...