Tuesday 12 December 2017

Jabez prayer


1 Chronicles 4: 10
Jabez called upon the God of Israel,
saying, "Oh that you would bless me and
enlarge my border,
and that your hand might be with me,
and that you would keep me
from harm so that it might
not bring me pain!
and God granted what he asked.

When reading 1 Chronicles 4 you will note that there is a number of names and then a little paragraph dedicated to Jabex.  God wanted us to notice that Jabez wasn't favoured.  But Jabez did something extraordinary.

Jabez assessed his life and most probably reflected on how things were going and he actually made a decision to boldly go before the God of Israel and seek His favour.  

I think its possible for God to stop time and change your life.  I also think and believe that if you genuinely believe that God is able to grant your request, you will have it.

Prayer

God of Israel, O Father God, humbly I come before You this evening.  You know my life and You know me by name.  I want to remind You, Lord, that You have called me by name and that I am Yours. Lord, I also want to remind You that You know where I stay, You know my address and You know my current situation.  Lord, You gave me a dream and I have done whatever it took to attain it.  Lord, tonight I want to come before You with my giant size request asking that You will bless me and enlarge my borders.  I also want to pray asking that You will keep Your mighty hand on me and let no harm come my way, I cannot take any more pain.  Lord, we need You to intervene on our side.  You know what is wrong.  Lord thank You for answered prayers.  Thank You, in the Holy Name of the Lord Jesus Christ.  Amen

http://kellanpublishing.com/yvette-van-niekerk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...