Skip to main content

Jabez prayer


1 Chronicles 4: 10
Jabez called upon the God of Israel,
saying, "Oh that you would bless me and
enlarge my border,
and that your hand might be with me,
and that you would keep me
from harm so that it might
not bring me pain!
and God granted what he asked.

When reading 1 Chronicles 4 you will note that there is a number of names and then a little paragraph dedicated to Jabex.  God wanted us to notice that Jabez wasn't favoured.  But Jabez did something extraordinary.

Jabez assessed his life and most probably reflected on how things were going and he actually made a decision to boldly go before the God of Israel and seek His favour.  

I think its possible for God to stop time and change your life.  I also think and believe that if you genuinely believe that God is able to grant your request, you will have it.

Prayer

God of Israel, O Father God, humbly I come before You this evening.  You know my life and You know me by name.  I want to remind You, Lord, that You have called me by name and that I am Yours. Lord, I also want to remind You that You know where I stay, You know my address and You know my current situation.  Lord, You gave me a dream and I have done whatever it took to attain it.  Lord, tonight I want to come before You with my giant size request asking that You will bless me and enlarge my borders.  I also want to pray asking that You will keep Your mighty hand on me and let no harm come my way, I cannot take any more pain.  Lord, we need You to intervene on our side.  You know what is wrong.  Lord thank You for answered prayers.  Thank You, in the Holy Name of the Lord Jesus Christ.  Amen

http://kellanpublishing.com/yvette-van-niekerk

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#never #destroyed

https://goo.gl/xK6bTg 2 Corinthians 4: 8-9AMP “We are pressured in every way [hedged in], but not crushed; perplexed [unsure of finding a way out], but not driven to despair; hunted down and persecuted, but not deserted [to stand alone]; struck down, but never destroyed;” I realized that my emotions are something that can cause me to feel pressure and hedged in. My circumstances seem impossible and I feel that there is no way I am going to make it. Then it’s time to check what is going on in your personal life.  Are you getting enough sleep? Are you eating properly? Do you take a break from time to time? If I don’t get enough sleep it seems despair is knocking at my door, and I feel miserable. I just cannot move forward, I want to curl up and died. Just because I am tired and there seems to be no way out. Emotions have a way of controlling each one of us. I realized that I will never be destroyed because there is a way forward.  God gave me common sense an...

You are a Blessing to me!

Working in a multiracial office is always interesting, and my story today is one about sharing and looking out for each other.    Our cleaning lady doesn’t earn much and I doubt even if they are paying her ‘mini mum wages’.   Nevertheless the people in our office know this and worry about her.    One of the young ladies decided to give her a newspaper with all the latest add in it.   As she paged through the paper she sat next to her and asked her ‘what do you like’.    Looking at the stuff on the page she pick out a couple of things that seemed impossible to own and said to this young girl.   I like this and I would love to have one of these. Without her knowledge the Human Resource division made a collection and they then assigned the task to the young lady to buy the things Judy wanted. We gave her, her gifts today.   I was amazed at her gratefulness, tears of joy running down her face and all she could say was “T...

Help Me Stay True in Giving God His Tithe

Can I be real with you for a minute? Tithing is something I wrestle with. I try my best to be faithful, giving to the best of my ability. But let's be honest, sometimes I look around and see others who seem to be blessed in ways I'm not. They have this financial ease, this "caliber" of blessing, that can feel a world away from my own reality. And in those moments of doubt, a quiet, gentle voice reminds me: I am blessed. God does provide. He has come through for me more times than I can count, often in ways I didn't even see until later. He's always there, picking me up when I've lost it and guiding me when I'm blind to the path. My heart is so grateful for that. But my thinking still needs work. My human nature kicks in and whispers, "I earned this. I worked for this salary." It’s a constant battle to get my heart aligned with the truth. And the truth is found in verses like this: “A tithe of everything from the land, whether grain from the ...