Skip to main content

Setting goals for 2018


Proverbs 16: 9

“In their hearts, humans plan their course,
but the LORD establishes their steps.”

Dream the impossible dream, write your goals down for 2018 and see how God establishes each of your steps.

Every day has its own challenges and we need to tackle the day with gusto and enthusiasm but seriously we all struggle with all kinds of mood swings.  Something may have happened the night before and when you wake up in the morning you dread that day. That is exactly when you should shake it off and try and look on the bright side of things.

So as you think about the year ahead of you, sit down and write all your goals down in ink. Why in ink? For your goals to materialize you need to actually take a piece of paper and write it down starting with My Goals for 2018. Listing all the things you want to achieve for the year.

You can either place the page in a book or against the wall where you can see it every day.

You also need to realize that sometimes it takes a while for goals to materialize and you should be patient.

Prayer


Lord, as I sit down and write my goals for 2018 I want to invite You to come and sit with me today. I am asking that You will guide me and lead me. Thank You, Lord, for being there for me and watching over me.  In Jesus Christ's name, Amen.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#never #destroyed

https://goo.gl/xK6bTg 2 Corinthians 4: 8-9AMP “We are pressured in every way [hedged in], but not crushed; perplexed [unsure of finding a way out], but not driven to despair; hunted down and persecuted, but not deserted [to stand alone]; struck down, but never destroyed;” I realized that my emotions are something that can cause me to feel pressure and hedged in. My circumstances seem impossible and I feel that there is no way I am going to make it. Then it’s time to check what is going on in your personal life.  Are you getting enough sleep? Are you eating properly? Do you take a break from time to time? If I don’t get enough sleep it seems despair is knocking at my door, and I feel miserable. I just cannot move forward, I want to curl up and died. Just because I am tired and there seems to be no way out. Emotions have a way of controlling each one of us. I realized that I will never be destroyed because there is a way forward.  God gave me common sense an...

You are a Blessing to me!

Working in a multiracial office is always interesting, and my story today is one about sharing and looking out for each other.    Our cleaning lady doesn’t earn much and I doubt even if they are paying her ‘mini mum wages’.   Nevertheless the people in our office know this and worry about her.    One of the young ladies decided to give her a newspaper with all the latest add in it.   As she paged through the paper she sat next to her and asked her ‘what do you like’.    Looking at the stuff on the page she pick out a couple of things that seemed impossible to own and said to this young girl.   I like this and I would love to have one of these. Without her knowledge the Human Resource division made a collection and they then assigned the task to the young lady to buy the things Judy wanted. We gave her, her gifts today.   I was amazed at her gratefulness, tears of joy running down her face and all she could say was “T...

Help Me Stay True in Giving God His Tithe

Can I be real with you for a minute? Tithing is something I wrestle with. I try my best to be faithful, giving to the best of my ability. But let's be honest, sometimes I look around and see others who seem to be blessed in ways I'm not. They have this financial ease, this "caliber" of blessing, that can feel a world away from my own reality. And in those moments of doubt, a quiet, gentle voice reminds me: I am blessed. God does provide. He has come through for me more times than I can count, often in ways I didn't even see until later. He's always there, picking me up when I've lost it and guiding me when I'm blind to the path. My heart is so grateful for that. But my thinking still needs work. My human nature kicks in and whispers, "I earned this. I worked for this salary." It’s a constant battle to get my heart aligned with the truth. And the truth is found in verses like this: “A tithe of everything from the land, whether grain from the ...