Skip to main content

Stop putting yourself down.



Colossians 3: 17
“Whatever you do [no matter what it is] in word or deed,
do everything in the name of the
LORD Jesus [and independence
on Him], giving thanks to
God the Father through Him.”

As I reflect on my life I honestly need to say that I am my worst enemy.  Joyce Meyers wrote the book on “The Battlefield of the Mind.”  I think that most of my battles are in my mind.  I would be reminded of my past and it plagued me for months on end.

This year I decided enough!  I need to stop putting myself down, I need to accept who I am; I need to trust in Jesus and His process of the renewing of my mind.  I actually did start the process about three years ago and trusted in God to help me with my project.  It came to fruition.

I have reached a point in my life that I am able to understand life in general.  No one feels that good about themselves, we all walk around with some kind of mask.  I have a mask for the church, I have a mask for when family comes to visit and I have a mask for friend and colleagues.  I have decided to get rid of that mask and now I am faced with the possibility that people won’t like me.

It struck me that I am learning each and every day, how to relate to people around me, what I see people like and don’t like.  I am also noticing that yes, I have made mistakes but hey life goes on and other people just hide their mistakes better.

Do you remember this idiom:  “For want of a nail the shoe was lost. For want of a shoe, the horse was lost. For want of a horse, the rider was lost. For want of a rider, the message was lost. For want of a message, the battle was lost. For want of a battle, the kingdom was lost. And all for the want of a horseshoe nail.”

I will do my level best each and every day; I might be the nail that holds the horseshoe together.  Which carries the messenger? 

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You, thank You, thank You for yet another day and the realization that I don’t have to keep putting myself down for each and every sin. Yes, I make mistakes and I slip up but I humbly pray give me the wisdom and insight not to keep putting myself down.  Help me to move forward and trust YOU, LORD.  In Jesus Christ's name, Amen.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#never #destroyed

https://goo.gl/xK6bTg 2 Corinthians 4: 8-9AMP “We are pressured in every way [hedged in], but not crushed; perplexed [unsure of finding a way out], but not driven to despair; hunted down and persecuted, but not deserted [to stand alone]; struck down, but never destroyed;” I realized that my emotions are something that can cause me to feel pressure and hedged in. My circumstances seem impossible and I feel that there is no way I am going to make it. Then it’s time to check what is going on in your personal life.  Are you getting enough sleep? Are you eating properly? Do you take a break from time to time? If I don’t get enough sleep it seems despair is knocking at my door, and I feel miserable. I just cannot move forward, I want to curl up and died. Just because I am tired and there seems to be no way out. Emotions have a way of controlling each one of us. I realized that I will never be destroyed because there is a way forward.  God gave me common sense an...

You are a Blessing to me!

Working in a multiracial office is always interesting, and my story today is one about sharing and looking out for each other.    Our cleaning lady doesn’t earn much and I doubt even if they are paying her ‘mini mum wages’.   Nevertheless the people in our office know this and worry about her.    One of the young ladies decided to give her a newspaper with all the latest add in it.   As she paged through the paper she sat next to her and asked her ‘what do you like’.    Looking at the stuff on the page she pick out a couple of things that seemed impossible to own and said to this young girl.   I like this and I would love to have one of these. Without her knowledge the Human Resource division made a collection and they then assigned the task to the young lady to buy the things Judy wanted. We gave her, her gifts today.   I was amazed at her gratefulness, tears of joy running down her face and all she could say was “T...

Help Me Stay True in Giving God His Tithe

Can I be real with you for a minute? Tithing is something I wrestle with. I try my best to be faithful, giving to the best of my ability. But let's be honest, sometimes I look around and see others who seem to be blessed in ways I'm not. They have this financial ease, this "caliber" of blessing, that can feel a world away from my own reality. And in those moments of doubt, a quiet, gentle voice reminds me: I am blessed. God does provide. He has come through for me more times than I can count, often in ways I didn't even see until later. He's always there, picking me up when I've lost it and guiding me when I'm blind to the path. My heart is so grateful for that. But my thinking still needs work. My human nature kicks in and whispers, "I earned this. I worked for this salary." It’s a constant battle to get my heart aligned with the truth. And the truth is found in verses like this: “A tithe of everything from the land, whether grain from the ...