Skip to main content

#lOvE


Colossians 3: 12-14
“So, as God’s own chosen people,
who are holy [set apart, sanctified
for His purpose] and well-beloved [by God Himself],
put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility,
gentleness, and patience [which has the power to endure
whatever injustice or unpleasantness comes, with good temper];
bearing graciously with one another,
and willingly forgiving each other if one has a cause
for complaint against another;
just as the Lord has forgiven you,
so should you forgive?
Beyond all these things put on and wrap yourselves in
[unselfish] love, which is the perfect bond
of unity [for everything is bound together in agreement
when each one seeks the best for others].”


A chosen generation, I believe that I was born for this moment in time, and so were you.  Yes, we live in a perilous world and love doesn’t seem to feature anywhere lately.  I don’t even notice any civility between people, husband’s and wives and even children are rude. 

It’s almost as though we have forgotten how to show compassion, kindness and being humble isn’t in anybody’s books lately.  I don’t see people being gentle and their patience has run out before the next word is spoken.

I pray that we will wrap ourselves in love and start being kinder to people, showing compassion towards others, turning away from vicious words with a humbleness that makes people stop and listen.  Being in a good frame of mind any time of the day and always trying to see the other guys point of view.

Learning to forgive people and working towards unity instead of trying to get even.  I know it sounds difficult but I do want to remind you that it isn’t impossible.

Prayer

Lord, Father God, we humbly come into Your presence today as we wrap ourselves in agreement with Colossians 3: 12-14.  Lord guide us and teach us to be kinder, loving, gentle and compassionate quick to listen and slow to speak our minds.  Lord help us to forgive and mend fences.  Open our eyes and ears so that we can hear what it is You are teaching us each day.  I pray in Jesus Christ's name.  Amen




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#never #destroyed

https://goo.gl/xK6bTg 2 Corinthians 4: 8-9AMP “We are pressured in every way [hedged in], but not crushed; perplexed [unsure of finding a way out], but not driven to despair; hunted down and persecuted, but not deserted [to stand alone]; struck down, but never destroyed;” I realized that my emotions are something that can cause me to feel pressure and hedged in. My circumstances seem impossible and I feel that there is no way I am going to make it. Then it’s time to check what is going on in your personal life.  Are you getting enough sleep? Are you eating properly? Do you take a break from time to time? If I don’t get enough sleep it seems despair is knocking at my door, and I feel miserable. I just cannot move forward, I want to curl up and died. Just because I am tired and there seems to be no way out. Emotions have a way of controlling each one of us. I realized that I will never be destroyed because there is a way forward.  God gave me common sense an...

You are a Blessing to me!

Working in a multiracial office is always interesting, and my story today is one about sharing and looking out for each other.    Our cleaning lady doesn’t earn much and I doubt even if they are paying her ‘mini mum wages’.   Nevertheless the people in our office know this and worry about her.    One of the young ladies decided to give her a newspaper with all the latest add in it.   As she paged through the paper she sat next to her and asked her ‘what do you like’.    Looking at the stuff on the page she pick out a couple of things that seemed impossible to own and said to this young girl.   I like this and I would love to have one of these. Without her knowledge the Human Resource division made a collection and they then assigned the task to the young lady to buy the things Judy wanted. We gave her, her gifts today.   I was amazed at her gratefulness, tears of joy running down her face and all she could say was “T...

Help Me Stay True in Giving God His Tithe

Can I be real with you for a minute? Tithing is something I wrestle with. I try my best to be faithful, giving to the best of my ability. But let's be honest, sometimes I look around and see others who seem to be blessed in ways I'm not. They have this financial ease, this "caliber" of blessing, that can feel a world away from my own reality. And in those moments of doubt, a quiet, gentle voice reminds me: I am blessed. God does provide. He has come through for me more times than I can count, often in ways I didn't even see until later. He's always there, picking me up when I've lost it and guiding me when I'm blind to the path. My heart is so grateful for that. But my thinking still needs work. My human nature kicks in and whispers, "I earned this. I worked for this salary." It’s a constant battle to get my heart aligned with the truth. And the truth is found in verses like this: “A tithe of everything from the land, whether grain from the ...