Skip to main content

My dream


Genesis 6: 22
“Noah did everything just
as God commanded him.”

What an awesome God I serve, this morning when I woke up I asked God to surprise me with something.  My book Daily Devotional Ebenezer has just been released for publication.  I am super excited and overwhelmed - all in one.

You may think really?  Anyone can publish a book, how difficult can it be?  Sure enough, I do believe it is possible for other people to do this especially people with degrees and excellent writing skills, people that have studied the art or writing and who are checking their instruction manuals.

I struggle with grammar mistakes, my official language is Afrikaans and writing and speaking in English is difficult.  I also am dyslexic resulting in spelling mistakes.  Then there is this dream that I want to write a book, not any book but a daily devotional. 

When God gives you a dream you should do something about it, it took me so long to get this book written and to formulate all my thoughts and feelings.  I am so proud that I was able to listen to God’s instruction and go ahead and write my book.

If Noah didn’t listen to God’s command and go ahead and build the ark I wonder what would have happened to all of us, would we be here today?  God has a specific calling on your life, and when you know there is something driving you, you should go ahead and do it.  It starts with the first step, hearing from God, listening and doing it. 

Prayer

O LORD God, Abba Father in humble expectation I come to You today and I want to say thank You so much for allowing my dream to come true.  Yes, there will be obstacles and I know that when they do arise You will help me overcome them. I give you praise and thank You, thank You, thank You for hearing my prayers.  I dedicate each and every person reading my blog today and ask that You will touch their lives with the Word and also with Your Holy Spirit creating a renewed interest and thirst for You Lord in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ of Nazareth.  Amen.



https://kellan-publishing.selz.com/item/daily-devotional-ebenezer

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#never #destroyed

https://goo.gl/xK6bTg 2 Corinthians 4: 8-9AMP “We are pressured in every way [hedged in], but not crushed; perplexed [unsure of finding a way out], but not driven to despair; hunted down and persecuted, but not deserted [to stand alone]; struck down, but never destroyed;” I realized that my emotions are something that can cause me to feel pressure and hedged in. My circumstances seem impossible and I feel that there is no way I am going to make it. Then it’s time to check what is going on in your personal life.  Are you getting enough sleep? Are you eating properly? Do you take a break from time to time? If I don’t get enough sleep it seems despair is knocking at my door, and I feel miserable. I just cannot move forward, I want to curl up and died. Just because I am tired and there seems to be no way out. Emotions have a way of controlling each one of us. I realized that I will never be destroyed because there is a way forward.  God gave me common sense an...

You are a Blessing to me!

Working in a multiracial office is always interesting, and my story today is one about sharing and looking out for each other.    Our cleaning lady doesn’t earn much and I doubt even if they are paying her ‘mini mum wages’.   Nevertheless the people in our office know this and worry about her.    One of the young ladies decided to give her a newspaper with all the latest add in it.   As she paged through the paper she sat next to her and asked her ‘what do you like’.    Looking at the stuff on the page she pick out a couple of things that seemed impossible to own and said to this young girl.   I like this and I would love to have one of these. Without her knowledge the Human Resource division made a collection and they then assigned the task to the young lady to buy the things Judy wanted. We gave her, her gifts today.   I was amazed at her gratefulness, tears of joy running down her face and all she could say was “T...

Help Me Stay True in Giving God His Tithe

Can I be real with you for a minute? Tithing is something I wrestle with. I try my best to be faithful, giving to the best of my ability. But let's be honest, sometimes I look around and see others who seem to be blessed in ways I'm not. They have this financial ease, this "caliber" of blessing, that can feel a world away from my own reality. And in those moments of doubt, a quiet, gentle voice reminds me: I am blessed. God does provide. He has come through for me more times than I can count, often in ways I didn't even see until later. He's always there, picking me up when I've lost it and guiding me when I'm blind to the path. My heart is so grateful for that. But my thinking still needs work. My human nature kicks in and whispers, "I earned this. I worked for this salary." It’s a constant battle to get my heart aligned with the truth. And the truth is found in verses like this: “A tithe of everything from the land, whether grain from the ...