Friday 15 December 2017

Are you listening?


Acts 16: 14-15
One of those listening was a woman from the city
of Thyatira named Lydia,
a dealer in purple cloth.  She was a worshiper of God.
The Lord opened her heart to
respond to Paul’s message.
When she and the members of her
household were baptized,
she invited us to her home.
“If you consider me a believer in the LORD.”
she said, “come and stay at my house.”
And she persuaded us.

I don’t know how successful and great you are but are you listening today?  I God talking to you?  Has God opened your heart to His word?  We need to learn to hear God’s word and to act on it.

We must be open to new concepts and ideas so that we are able to grow spiritually.  I know many people resist Change and they find it hard to adjust. 

I want to encourage you today, why don’t you listen.  I see this woman listening to the Word of God spoken by Paul.  As she sat there God opened her heart and she responded to Paul’s message.  In that moment she allowed Paul to come into her house.  Her entire household had been baptized and she believed in God.  Inviting Paul to come to her home, faith in action.

Prayer

Heavenly Father each and every person who reads Your scripture today, I pray that they will hear You speaking to them.  I know that it is Your desire to bless each person today.  I ask Holy Spirit that You will touch the lives of each person reading my blog.  Blessing them in abundance because of their obedience.  In the Holy Name of the Lord Jesus Christ.  Amen




No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...