Skip to main content

Are you listening?


Acts 16: 14-15
One of those listening was a woman from the city
of Thyatira named Lydia,
a dealer in purple cloth.  She was a worshiper of God.
The Lord opened her heart to
respond to Paul’s message.
When she and the members of her
household were baptized,
she invited us to her home.
“If you consider me a believer in the LORD.”
she said, “come and stay at my house.”
And she persuaded us.

I don’t know how successful and great you are but are you listening today?  I God talking to you?  Has God opened your heart to His word?  We need to learn to hear God’s word and to act on it.

We must be open to new concepts and ideas so that we are able to grow spiritually.  I know many people resist Change and they find it hard to adjust. 

I want to encourage you today, why don’t you listen.  I see this woman listening to the Word of God spoken by Paul.  As she sat there God opened her heart and she responded to Paul’s message.  In that moment she allowed Paul to come into her house.  Her entire household had been baptized and she believed in God.  Inviting Paul to come to her home, faith in action.

Prayer

Heavenly Father each and every person who reads Your scripture today, I pray that they will hear You speaking to them.  I know that it is Your desire to bless each person today.  I ask Holy Spirit that You will touch the lives of each person reading my blog.  Blessing them in abundance because of their obedience.  In the Holy Name of the Lord Jesus Christ.  Amen




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#never #destroyed

https://goo.gl/xK6bTg 2 Corinthians 4: 8-9AMP “We are pressured in every way [hedged in], but not crushed; perplexed [unsure of finding a way out], but not driven to despair; hunted down and persecuted, but not deserted [to stand alone]; struck down, but never destroyed;” I realized that my emotions are something that can cause me to feel pressure and hedged in. My circumstances seem impossible and I feel that there is no way I am going to make it. Then it’s time to check what is going on in your personal life.  Are you getting enough sleep? Are you eating properly? Do you take a break from time to time? If I don’t get enough sleep it seems despair is knocking at my door, and I feel miserable. I just cannot move forward, I want to curl up and died. Just because I am tired and there seems to be no way out. Emotions have a way of controlling each one of us. I realized that I will never be destroyed because there is a way forward.  God gave me common sense an...

You are a Blessing to me!

Working in a multiracial office is always interesting, and my story today is one about sharing and looking out for each other.    Our cleaning lady doesn’t earn much and I doubt even if they are paying her ‘mini mum wages’.   Nevertheless the people in our office know this and worry about her.    One of the young ladies decided to give her a newspaper with all the latest add in it.   As she paged through the paper she sat next to her and asked her ‘what do you like’.    Looking at the stuff on the page she pick out a couple of things that seemed impossible to own and said to this young girl.   I like this and I would love to have one of these. Without her knowledge the Human Resource division made a collection and they then assigned the task to the young lady to buy the things Judy wanted. We gave her, her gifts today.   I was amazed at her gratefulness, tears of joy running down her face and all she could say was “T...

Help Me Stay True in Giving God His Tithe

Can I be real with you for a minute? Tithing is something I wrestle with. I try my best to be faithful, giving to the best of my ability. But let's be honest, sometimes I look around and see others who seem to be blessed in ways I'm not. They have this financial ease, this "caliber" of blessing, that can feel a world away from my own reality. And in those moments of doubt, a quiet, gentle voice reminds me: I am blessed. God does provide. He has come through for me more times than I can count, often in ways I didn't even see until later. He's always there, picking me up when I've lost it and guiding me when I'm blind to the path. My heart is so grateful for that. But my thinking still needs work. My human nature kicks in and whispers, "I earned this. I worked for this salary." It’s a constant battle to get my heart aligned with the truth. And the truth is found in verses like this: “A tithe of everything from the land, whether grain from the ...