Skip to main content

A time for giving


Ecclesiastes 11: 1
“Be generous, and someday you will be rewarded.”
It’s this time of year when many people are facing difficult times and when you feel that you need to hold onto what you have.  But wouldn’t it be so nice to help someone in need?

I think of the elderly that are struggling with finances, a place to stay and what about food on their tables.

We are reminded in Ecclesiastes to be generous and someday we will be rewarded.  One day you might be facing a difficulty and someone may just come along and help you. 

I know God is watching each one of us and we really need to show more compassion towards our fellow men and woman.  If you are able please help someone this Christmas, it is the season for giving and also for love and peace.
Come now is the time to do something worth your while, you may have the means and you could do a good deed.  Please do that, don’t let this opportunity pass you by.

Prayer

Lord, please help us to open our hearts to our fellow men and women, people who are truly in need of our help.  Let us show mercy and kindness to all people and help were we can.  In Jesus name Amen



Awesome deals await you please go and view our gift certificates at http:kellanpublishing.com/christmas-gift-certificates

You are able to use the following gift certificates $5, $10, $15 and $20 on the purchase of any of our book.  Please feel free to take a peek at what we have at our bookshop.

Wishing you a blessed and wonderful festive season.  God bless you!

kind regards Yvette




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#never #destroyed

https://goo.gl/xK6bTg 2 Corinthians 4: 8-9AMP “We are pressured in every way [hedged in], but not crushed; perplexed [unsure of finding a way out], but not driven to despair; hunted down and persecuted, but not deserted [to stand alone]; struck down, but never destroyed;” I realized that my emotions are something that can cause me to feel pressure and hedged in. My circumstances seem impossible and I feel that there is no way I am going to make it. Then it’s time to check what is going on in your personal life.  Are you getting enough sleep? Are you eating properly? Do you take a break from time to time? If I don’t get enough sleep it seems despair is knocking at my door, and I feel miserable. I just cannot move forward, I want to curl up and died. Just because I am tired and there seems to be no way out. Emotions have a way of controlling each one of us. I realized that I will never be destroyed because there is a way forward.  God gave me common sense an...

You are a Blessing to me!

Working in a multiracial office is always interesting, and my story today is one about sharing and looking out for each other.    Our cleaning lady doesn’t earn much and I doubt even if they are paying her ‘mini mum wages’.   Nevertheless the people in our office know this and worry about her.    One of the young ladies decided to give her a newspaper with all the latest add in it.   As she paged through the paper she sat next to her and asked her ‘what do you like’.    Looking at the stuff on the page she pick out a couple of things that seemed impossible to own and said to this young girl.   I like this and I would love to have one of these. Without her knowledge the Human Resource division made a collection and they then assigned the task to the young lady to buy the things Judy wanted. We gave her, her gifts today.   I was amazed at her gratefulness, tears of joy running down her face and all she could say was “T...

Help Me Stay True in Giving God His Tithe

Can I be real with you for a minute? Tithing is something I wrestle with. I try my best to be faithful, giving to the best of my ability. But let's be honest, sometimes I look around and see others who seem to be blessed in ways I'm not. They have this financial ease, this "caliber" of blessing, that can feel a world away from my own reality. And in those moments of doubt, a quiet, gentle voice reminds me: I am blessed. God does provide. He has come through for me more times than I can count, often in ways I didn't even see until later. He's always there, picking me up when I've lost it and guiding me when I'm blind to the path. My heart is so grateful for that. But my thinking still needs work. My human nature kicks in and whispers, "I earned this. I worked for this salary." It’s a constant battle to get my heart aligned with the truth. And the truth is found in verses like this: “A tithe of everything from the land, whether grain from the ...