Friday 15 December 2017

Looking foolish



1 Corinthians 3: 18 – 20
“Let no one deceive himself.  If any of you thinks
he is wise in this age,
he should become a fool,
so that he may become wise.
For the wisdom of this world is foolishness in God’s sight.
As it is written: “He catches the wise in their craftiness.
And again, “The LORD knows that
the thoughts of the wise are futile.””

The past couple of days have been difficult for me, I was constantly reminded that I really look foolish and people will take offense with me.  I felt a little intimidated and worried about what people thought of me.  I gained a couple of kg’s and then my minds started telling me I am getting fat.  For someone who worries about their weight, this is a real threat.

I also have been plagued with negative thoughts the entire week.  This was so bad that on Thursday I really felt terrible, I was constantly reminded that I am foolish and that people look down on me.  I at some stage realized that I was so tearful. 


Just because the past week I have been feeling foolish and I have allowed the opinions of people to influence me when God is on my side.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I will not allow my fear of feeling foolish in this world to stop me from being Your faithful servant.  I apologize for not always listening to You.  I humbly thank You Lord for another day, great opportunities and great surprises.  I love You Lord and I want to praise Your holy Name.  Thank You also so much for my children what a blessing they are in my life.  Praise You, Lord Jesus.  Amen


 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...