Skip to main content

Illness


2 Kings 20: 1 NIV
“In those days Hezekiah became ill 
and was at the point of death. 
The prophet Isaiah son of 
Amoz went to him and said, 
“This is what the Lord says: 
Put your house in order, 
because you are going to die; 
you will not recover.”

When people are ill and I am talking about people who suffer from cancer or some other dread decease. They go through different stages and the first one that comes into play is they isolate themselves from others and deny they are suffering from this illness.

Then when they actually need to deal with this illness they become really angry and lash out. Questions are asked and the “Why” comes into play. “Why me, what did I do to deserve this?” A struggle they go through for some time.

They start praying and reading their Bible and trying to bargain with God, “you know Lord if You allow me to get well I will serve You fully.” Things like that, and they do this for a while constantly hoping something is going to change.

As time passes and they see their bargaining didn’t pay off and they still are in the same state or have deteriorated they become depressed. They withdraw themselves from their family and friends and so sad and lonely.

They realise that there isn’t much they can do and then they accept their plight and they relax. Many times God heals people at the moment of their relaxation.

Prayer


Lord, we want to also pray like King Hezekiah Lord we repent and ask Lord, remember me. I walked before you faithfully and with a wholehearted devotion, I believe I have done what is good in your eyes. Please in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth heal me today. Amen 



https://goo.gl/xK6bTg

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#never #destroyed

https://goo.gl/xK6bTg 2 Corinthians 4: 8-9AMP “We are pressured in every way [hedged in], but not crushed; perplexed [unsure of finding a way out], but not driven to despair; hunted down and persecuted, but not deserted [to stand alone]; struck down, but never destroyed;” I realized that my emotions are something that can cause me to feel pressure and hedged in. My circumstances seem impossible and I feel that there is no way I am going to make it. Then it’s time to check what is going on in your personal life.  Are you getting enough sleep? Are you eating properly? Do you take a break from time to time? If I don’t get enough sleep it seems despair is knocking at my door, and I feel miserable. I just cannot move forward, I want to curl up and died. Just because I am tired and there seems to be no way out. Emotions have a way of controlling each one of us. I realized that I will never be destroyed because there is a way forward.  God gave me common sense an...

You are a Blessing to me!

Working in a multiracial office is always interesting, and my story today is one about sharing and looking out for each other.    Our cleaning lady doesn’t earn much and I doubt even if they are paying her ‘mini mum wages’.   Nevertheless the people in our office know this and worry about her.    One of the young ladies decided to give her a newspaper with all the latest add in it.   As she paged through the paper she sat next to her and asked her ‘what do you like’.    Looking at the stuff on the page she pick out a couple of things that seemed impossible to own and said to this young girl.   I like this and I would love to have one of these. Without her knowledge the Human Resource division made a collection and they then assigned the task to the young lady to buy the things Judy wanted. We gave her, her gifts today.   I was amazed at her gratefulness, tears of joy running down her face and all she could say was “T...

The View from the Sycamore Tree

"Ill-gotten treasures have no lasting value, but righteousness delivers from death. The Lord does not let the righteous go hungry, but he thwarts the craving of the wicked. Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth." Proverbs 10:2–10 Reflection The Turning Point: I used to think that by this stage of my life. The path was already set in stone. I looked at the mirror and saw the silver hair and the lines of age. I felt as though I was simply watching the clock run out on my dreams. I’ve spent years in the "midlife crisis." Wrestling with the ghosts of regrets, careers that didn't flourish, relationships that felt the strain of time. The nagging fear of being "less than" in a world that prises youth and worldly success. But then I saw Zacchaeus. He was a man who had spent his life traveling in the wrong direction. Chasing "ill-gotten treasures" that left his soul hungry. When he climbed that tree, he wasn't just trying t...