Sunday 7 January 2018

The heaviness of heart.



Psalm 119: 28

My soul melts away for sorrow;
    strengthen me according to your word!


Sometimes we feel our souls are melting and we feel so very sorry for ourselves. I think we struggle with criticism or correction. If this is something that we cannot fix ourselves we sit feeling sorry for ourselves. If God is busy working in our spiritual lives and the Holy Spirit is showing us that there is something wrong and we need to work on our attitude or whatever. Perhaps we need to repent of a sin and it feels like we are being cut off.

God brings difficulties into our lives to strengthen and help us to grow spiritually. If we then repent and ask God to forgive us we will be able to move forward. In 2 Corinthians 7: 8 – 10 we see Paul is talking to us and saying that he was sorry but that he didn’t regret speaking to the people in Corinth. 

He noticed that his letter hurt some peoples feeling but it was only for a little while. Because of their regret, they repented before God. Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation and leaves no regret but worldly sorrow brings death.

Prayer

Lord please search my heart and help me to see what I need to repent. I do feel heavy of heart and I want to bring this to You, I repent of my sin. Please forgive me and help me grow spiritually. Thank You so much for taking care of me. In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Amen



https://kellan-publishing.selz.com/item/daily-devotional-ebenezer
https://yvettevn007.wixsite.com/yvettevnniekerk007

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...