Thursday 18 January 2018

Two possible reasons our prayers aren't answered.


Proverbs 28: 9 AMP
“He who turns his ear away from listening
to the law [of God and man],
even his prayer is repulsive [to God].”

#1 Refusing to hear the truth. I believe there are many reasons why God doesn’t answer any of our prayers and we need to search our hearts and minds when that happens. I realised that one of the reasons God couldn’t answer my prayer was a lack of trusting that the Word spoken to me was the truth. I wouldn’t listen to the Word and turned my back on it. The consequence was that in my hour of need there was no answer. My prayer wasn’t heard because I didn’t listen to the Words, I never believe it was true.

#2 Lack of being humble. Another contributing factor to prayers not being answered is the lack of humility. I believe we become all puffed up and think the “world” of ourselves and forget that we are just human. In my hour of need I believe God revealed that if I will not humble myself and pray seeking God’s face and repent of my wicked ways, God will not hear my prayers. I also needed to repent of my sin. See 2 Chronicles 7: 14.

These are only two contributing factors that can inhibit God from answering any of our prayers.

Prayer

Father God, in the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ, I humbly come into Your presence today, if there is any sin that I should repent of I bring it to You, please forgive me. As James reminds us that when we come in prayer to You we have asked for things selfishly and with wrong motives causing You not to answer our prayers. Please in the Name of Jesus Christ I pray forgive us, our wrong motives and please Holy Spirit in the Name of Jesus Christ help us come into alignment with the Lord our God. Thank You, for answered prayers in the Name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth. Amen






No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...