Wednesday 3 January 2018

Who’s the Boss?


2 Corinthians 5: 7

“For we walk by faith,
not by sight.”

This is a brand New Year and I am still not quite sure what I am going to be doing.  Yes, I have a couple of ideas in place and I have written my goal list down for 2018. I sit here thinking “Yvette, who is the Boss?” If I think that I am the Boss, I am totally mistaken. When I read the scripture above I know that I am not the Boss because I am constantly drawing my strength, my wisdom and my insight from someone very important in my life.

Who is that? You may ask, well the only one that can help me, I believe is God. I cannot make it through this year without God.

Consider this, you decided you are going to do this, that and the other and at the last minute something happens and all your plans fall down the drain. You planned everything to a “T” and then before you could activate it, something happens. Now tell me who is the Boss? I don’t think you are, nor am I.

I realized something, if we were able to predict what was going to happen tomorrow and know our every step going forward, would we be on our knees praying to God? NO! We would think we know everything, we will act without God.

Today it is my prayer that when you plan your year that you will remember that God is still in control and yes plan but remember to invite God to your planning session.

Prayer

Lord Almighty God, thank You, that I am able to step out in faith and believe that You are with me each and every step of the way. Yes, I don’t know what’s around the next corner or what is going to happen to me. But I do believe that things will work out just fine. You know that I am dependent on You and I am asking You help me each day. In the Holy Name of Jesus Christ, Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...