Thursday 11 January 2018

Showing mercy, I need it more these days.


Luke 6: 36 (AMP)
“Be merciful (responsive, compassionate, tender)
just as your [heavenly] Father is merciful.”

It struck me that I must be one of the most judgemental people you can come into contact with. I like things to be done in a certain way and my standards need to be met. It is difficult for me to let things ride.

I have come to realize that I need to relax on this matter if people don’t do as I have asked them, I should back down and let them do as they please.

I believe the Lord Jesus said that we shouldn’t judge others, and then God won’t judge us. I have been doing my level best in not being judgemental but my goodness sometimes I lose the plot.

I am working on my attitude and showing mercy is something I am practising these days, so when someone doesn’t do as I have asked. I let it ride and carry on. Now I just need to conquer this and I believe the Lord Jesus is helping me with this. I will be merciful as my Father is merciful.

Prayer

Lord Jesus, I want to show mercy when people don’t deserve it. Help me so that I can get this under the belt, I need You because I cannot do this on my own. Amen



https://goo.gl/xK6bTg


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...